OSAA/ODOT-Transportation Safety Scholarship
The Oregon State Ambulance Association is providing scholarships again this year. Plus, ODOT – Transportation Safety has awarded a $3,500 grant for additional scholarships. The scholarships cover the $249 two day conference fee. Not included are the additional costs for pre or post conference classes, travel and lodging. Please note: scholarships are not for students – instead we have a special student registration rate.
To apply for this scholarship, send an e-mail with the Subject: “2016 Scholarship (your name)” to Scholarships@OregonEMSConference.com. Deadline for submission is 5PM Monday, August 8th so applicants may be notified and make scheduling plans.
Information to include in your 2016 Oregon EMS Conference Scholarship request:
- Name & first responder/EMT certification level
- E-mail Address
- Mailing address
- Are you Paid/Volunteer/Other (explain)
- Do you attend road crash patients (required for ODOT grant)
- Justification for scholarship need
TR Hilton Memorial Scholarship
The Oregon EMS Conference Committee has created this memorial scholarship to honor TR Hilton’s passion for education and support for the rural providers in the State of Oregon.
This grant is for registration for the two day conference PLUS two nights lodging (you may share your lodging – you may choose Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun). Additional nights and pre/post conference classes are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
Criteria for application shall be:
- 50 word essay describing your role in the agency, why you (and/or your agency) need these funds and how you will use this educational opportunity.
- A member of a non-profit or public agency
- The individual must be a licensed BLS or ILS provider in the state of Oregon
- Must be located in a frontier county (Baker, Grant, Wallowa, Wheeler, Sherman, Gilliam, Morrow, Harney, Malheur and Lake)
- Recognized by the Oregon Health Authority EMS & Trauma Systems Program as an organization that participates in Oregon’s 9-1-1 response system
- Include: Name, Address, Agency, Level of Licensure, Years as a provider
To apply: Send an e-mail – by 5PM Monday, August 8 to: Scholarships@OregonEMSConference.com
1) Include in the Subject line – TR Hilton Scholarship – (your name)
2) Include in the body of the e-mail OR an attached Word document, the responses to the items 1 through 6 above.
NOTE: If you are not selected for the TR Hilton scholarship slot, you may be awarded a $249 conference slot.