OSAA/ODOT-Transportation Safety Scholarship (and some lodging too!)
Though a joint partnership with the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT-TS) and the Oregon State Ambulance Association (OSAA) we are excited to share this news! Please share this with others.
Transportation Safety is increasing to $6,000 the grant funding for tuition scholarships for 2017. PLUS the OSAA has increased their annual support amount and is directing those funds to pay for one (1) nights lodging at the Riverhouse to be included. There are enough funds to cover one night lodging for 15 scholarship award recipients. As this is a two day conference with two hotel nights, the student will need to cover the 2nd night cost. Not included are the additional costs for pre or post conference classes, travel and lodging. Please note: scholarships are not for students – instead we have a special student registration rate (see website).
If you apply for a scholarship PLEASE DO NOT register before you find out if you are selected. The 2-day conference is always open and does not fill. HOWEVER- if you want to attend a pre-conference or post conference and are applying for a scholarship, do register for the pre and post conference sessions, as they are NOT included in the 2-day conference scholarship and do tend to fill up quickly.
To apply for a scholarship, send an e-mail to Scholarships@OregonEMSConference.com. Deadline for submission is 5PM Monday, August 7th so applicants may be notified and make scheduling plans.
Information to include in your 2017 Oregon EMS Conference Scholarship request:
- On the email subject line: “2017 Scholarship (your name)”
- Name & first responder/EMT certification level
- E-mail Address
- Mailing address
- Are you Paid/Volunteer/Other (explain)
- Do you attend road crash patients (required for ODOT grant)
- Justification for scholarship need – give this a bit of thought
Applicants will be notified if they are awarded a scholarship. Teresa, our registrar, then will give the instructions to them for special registration procedure without payment on-line.
TR Hilton Memorial Scholarship
The Oregon EMS Conference Committee has created this memorial scholarship to honor TR Hilton’s passion for education and support for the rural providers in the State of Oregon.
This scholarship will be from one of the applicants above but will also include two nights lodging (you may share your lodging – you may choose Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun). Additional nights and pre/post conference classes are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
Criteria for application for this scholarship is that the person must be located in a frontier county (Baker, Grant, Wallowa, Wheeler, Sherman, Gilliam, Morrow, Harney, Malheur and Lake).
Criteria for application shall be:
- 50 word essay describing your role in the agency, why you (and/or your agency) need these funds and how you will use this educational opportunity.
- A member of a non-profit or public agency
- The individual must be a licensed BLS or ILS provider in the state of Oregon
- Must be located in a frontier county (Baker, Grant, Wallowa, Wheeler, Sherman, Gilliam, Morrow, Harney, Malheur and Lake)
- Recognized by the Oregon Health Authority EMS & Trauma Systems Program as an organization that participates in Oregon’s 9-1-1 response system
- Include: Name, Address, Agency, Level of Licensure, Years as a provider
To apply: Send an e-mail – by 5PM Monday, August 8 to: Scholarships@OregonEMSConference.com
1) Include in the Subject line – TR Hilton Scholarship – (your name)
2) Include in the body of the e-mail OR an attached Word document, the responses to the items 1 through 6 above.
NOTE: If you are not selected for the TR Hilton scholarship slot, you may be awarded a $249 conference slot.